Sunday, July 1, 2007

Day 2

I went to bed with a hellacious migraine and woke up with a migraine hangover
But nothing a nice quiet warm bath couldn't fix
First off, I wanted to warn you that I am not the best at writing
So I will most likely not use punctuation or write in paragraph form
Hopefully the spellcheck will take of that spelling problem I have...

Today was so much better!
Well I am ending the day on 32/33 points
So much better than yesterday and I didn't even go into my flex points
That will help with yesterday
I forgot to mention the pasta that we have eaten the past 2 nights
As most of you know that my body is rebelling from the lack of fiber that it has had for the last 37 years...so I have been hunting for ways to fit more in
Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Pasta 6g of fiber! and 3 points!
Hitting 2 birds with one stone on that one!
I also tried the Lorna Doones in the 100 calorie pack and only 2 points
They rock!
I do so much better with individualized servings already made for me

My buddy Kathy is making this journey with me
We went through WW after Drayton was born
Now we are back again
We are trying this on our own without physically joining for 1 month
If we don't see success we will be dragging our butts into meetings
We do plan to talk nightly to share and encourage each other

I have already been thinking about the 4th and hoping I can make it through without blowing it
We will be going to spend the night with my mother
I talked to earlier tonight and she was sharing the menu with me and the food sounds doable
That gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling because she is thinking about me and wants to support me
:)

2 comments:

mareneli said...

Hey Dawn! Good for you! I also did it on my own when I lost 60 lbs. when Isaac was a baby -- no meetings. So it can be done, especially if you have a buddy. Don't forget these first few days that it will get SO much easier as you get used to the point counts of things and you have more "go-to" items that you can count in a pinch.

I have some recommendations if you'd like. There are some GOOD healthy things out there that are super low points.

You are motivating me to start counting points!

Amber said...

YEAH! I have given up my 3 coke a day addiction too! I am convinced I will lose 20lbs, just by giving them up! IT SUCKS! Sugar is bad...so very bad for my short, stubby bod! Had a diet Coke, yesterday..YUCK! Halleigh's idea! Keep up the great job..it may even motivate me to exercise or eat healthy! Love ya ~A~